Friday 19 July 2013

Friday night

Went back to hostel to discover my pair of sandals got stolen... oh well could be worse. I then decided to walk all the way to Castro.  It wasn't difficult,  I just had to walk market street. Castro,  once again a disapointment. I just stayed for one drink at Twin Peaks which seemed to be full of tourists. Then took a bus thinking it was a tramway -I know I know,  maybe that drink was strong!-and got lost somewhere near Buena Vista garden,  which,  bythe way, has a crap vista as the fog was there.  But it was great to be lost. Found my way back to Castro and took the tramway at last,  well when it arrived. Transports here,  it is said, are not bad for American standards... thank god I live in Europe! The metro for example is quite sovietic, almost no advertisements, which is great,  but compared to Kiev or Moscow, it's really ugly.  And so rough,  hardly no seats. I wonder how old people survive.  Probably not. And two carriages only the other day going to Castro.  Tokyo feeling.  BART better and Caltrain impressive! (made in Japan though).
Might try to go for a swim tomorrow morning,  famous last words,  or the day after tomorrow, yeah even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment