Saturday 20 July 2013

Le Saturday

In Castro. No I have not spent the night here,  promise! Though one of my room mates may have... hehe,  didn't come back last night.
Yesterday I found a nice house for Dolores O'Brien,  my character.  She'll be living near here,  opposite the school in 17th street, not far from Sanchez street.
And this morning before arriving at the Mystic cafe for a well deserved break fast,  I took the 5 bus from Powell station and exited at Divisadero street in order to be Dimitri,  another of my character. He has to walk from there to the Castro theatre,  took me 20 minutes, will take him longer as poor SF has suffered another earth quake then.
Anyway,  where should I go now?  Perhaps Mission as it looks so close on the map!
Plenty of time before my meeting with the photograph Dave Glass, met through Flickr. Here is a link to his wonderful look on the cityhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/daveglass/
Later. Had a great time with Dave. We spoke of films set in San Francisco,  ah Vertigo! And we spoke also of politics and religion, of life in America compared to Europe. Then he showed me Paris in the 1970s and Leeds. (The pictures should be on Flickr)
Then went for a walk at the United Nation monument, read the text on the pavement and thought yeah wishful thinking. Around me tramps, so many,  are they just from the region or from other states too? Drug dealers, drug addicts, tourists, a few youngsters and that's it. There is a cafe,  closed,  and pigeon shit everywhere. Where is the trickle down effect Margaret Thatcher spoke about?  South you have fb, google, oracle., microsoft and on the U.N. monument: shit. (What did that British judge say? "Don't do evil?  Well you certainly do in my books!"


No comments:

Post a Comment